DHS National Terrorism Advisory System Bulletin
Please see the new NTAS bulletin, which expires in November 2016.
Reminder: Suspicious activity or information about a threat may be reported to:
• Fusion Centers: https://www.dhs.gov/fusion-center-locations-and-contact-information
• The FBI’s Field Offices - part of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative: https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field
• The MPD iWatch website: https://iwatchdc.org/?site=dc
• For emergencies, always call 9-1-1
Making a report is free, easy, and an important element of our shared responsibility to protect our nation from harm.
What is NCR WARN?
NCR WARN is a Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (WARN) of utilities in the National Capital Region (NCR) who have voluntarily agreed to help other utilities to prepare for the next natural or human-caused emergency. The National Capital Region of the United States consists of Washington, D.C. and the surrounding counties and independent cities in Maryland and Virginia. The NCR WARN website is hosted by the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG).
Why do we need NCR WARN?
Water and wastewater systems provide our communities with a life-sustaining resource that is of vital importance to maintaining public health, sanitation and safety. When water and wastewater services are interrupted for extended periods of time, a community’s well-being quickly deteriorates, as evidenced by Hurricane Katrina. And without an adequate water supply, our communities are vulnerable to devastating fires. By restoring water and wastewater service in the most efficient manner possible, NCR WARN provides renewed hope for fast recovery from such disasters.
How does NCR WARN help?
NCR WARN provides water and wastewater utilities with:
- A Mutual Aid Agreement and process for sharing emergency resources among water and waste water agencies through out the National Capital Region.
- A mutual assistance program consistent with other national mutual aid and assistance programs and the National Incident Management System.
- The resources to respond and recover more quickly from a natural or human caused disaster.
- A forum for developing and maintaining emergency contacts and relationships.
Why Join NCR WARN?
Who is more likely to have that specialized pump or valve your system needs to get back on line in a hurry? That’s right, another water or wastewater system. So join your peers in NCR WARN and become part of the network dedicated to keeping our communities healthy, sanitary and safe.
A Renewed Hope
When water and wastewater service is restored, people have a renewed sense of hope that recovery is forthcoming!